SET YOUR LIFE TO MUSIC
EXPERIENCE ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT
This agreement is entered into between Mary Alouette (D/B/A Set Your Life To Music “Company”) and Client.
The Company is experienced in providing voice, piano, guitar, songwriting, and performance coaching.
By clicking “I Agree,” entering your credit card information, or enrolling in the course, you (“Client”) are entering into a legally binding agreement with Set Your Life To Music (“Company”), according to the following terms and conditions:
1. COMPANY’S SERVICES. Upon execution of this Agreement, the Company agrees to render services related to voice, piano, guitar, songwriting, and performance coaching (the “Experience”). The scope of services rendered by Company pursuant to this contract shall be solely limited to those contained herein.
A complimentary 30-minute call to ensure compatibility
Twelve 55-minute private instruction sessions
Email access Monday-Friday 9-5pm EST
Welcome Pack created to support Client in gaining clarity on what he or she wants to accomplish
Assignments to keep Client on track between sessions
Access to workbooks, reading lists, resources and tools
Sessions are scheduled to recur weekly and completed within 6 months of enrollment.
Lessons are delivered at the Client’s election below. Please specify your choice.
At Company’s studio in New York City (additional charge between $16-20 USD for the session, depending on the location) payable prior to the session,
At client’s home or office, or
Online over Skype, Zoom, or other video communication platforms.
During Client’s weekly sessions, Client shall:
Share the response to the daily assigned work Client completed over from the previous session, which may include vocal and/or instrument technique, song acquisition, music theory, reading music, artistry, and performance coaching,
Engage in practical exercises, with a strong emphasis on technique,
Revise every aspect of his or her exercises and further explore concepts in intonation, music notation, dynamics, organization, style, musical vocabulary, and more,
Engage in exercises involving life coaching and education, and
Receive a new assignment to be completed at home for the following session.
Company is available for email communication Mondays - Fridays from 9am-5pm EST and will attempt to respond within 24 hours of receiving Client’s email.
Material review: Client submits the link and specifies the nature of the question. Email access may not, in the opinion of the Company, be in the best interest of the Client in regard to extensive material review.
2. COMPENSATION. In exchange for the Company’s services, Client agrees to compensate Company in the amount of $1500 USD payable as follows:
$1500 USD pay-in-full-discount discount upon the execution of this agreement, or
Installments of $600 USD, the first of which is due upon the execution of this agreement and the balance payable in two additional installments of $600 USD, the first of which payable 30 days from the date hereof and the second 60 days from the date hereof.
3. ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
Individual session cancellations must be given at least 24 hours in advance in order to receive a makeup lesson that is to be taken within 30 days of the cancellation. If the Client fails to comply with the 24-hour cancellation policy, the Company will be deemed to have earned the session and is not obligated to refund or reschedule the session.
In the event of an allowed make-up, the Client will be given reasonable notice of a possible make-up time.
Credits will be made for emergencies and extenuating circumstances only and at the discretion of the Company. If the Company is unable to attend a session, Client will be given sufficient notice and either a credit or make-up session.
Clients are expected to arrive on time. After a 15-minute grace period, the Company will be deemed to have been completed and no make-up will be given. Exceptions will be made for weather and extenuating circumstances only.
4. REFUNDS. Upon execution of this Agreement, Client shall be responsible for the full extent of the Fee. If client cancels attendance at the Program for any reason, Client will receive no refund.
5. NO ASSIGNMENT PERMITTED. Client agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes any materials created by the Company. This agreement may not be transferred or assigned without first the Company’s prior written consent.
6. NO TRANSFER OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Company’s copyrighted and original materials shall be provided to the Client for his/her individual use only and a single-user license. Client shall not be authorized to use any of Company’s intellectual property for Client’s business purposes. Client shall not be authorized to share, copy, distribute, or otherwise disseminate any materials received from Company electronically or otherwise without the prior written consent of the Company. All intellectual property, including Company’s copyrighted course materials, shall remain the sole property of the Company. No license to sell or distribute Company’s materials is granted or implied.
7. DISCLAIMER OF GUARANTEE. Client accepts and agrees that she/he is fully responsible for her/his progress and results from the Experience. Client accepts and agrees that she/he is a vital element to the Experience’s success and that Company cannot control Client. Company makes no representations or guarantees verbally or in writing regarding performance of this Agreement other than those specifically enumerated herein. Company and its affiliates disclaim the implied warranties of title, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Company makes no guarantee or warranty that the Experience will meet Client’s requirements or that all clients will achieve the same results.
9. USE OF COURSE MATERIALS. Client consents to recordings being made of courses and the Experience. Company reserves the right to use, at its sole discretion, course materials, videos and audio recordings of courses, and materials submitted by Client in the context of the course(s) and the Experience for future lecture, teaching, and marketing materials, and further other goods/services provided by Company, without compensation to the Client. Client consents to its name, voice, and likeness being used by Company for future lecture, teaching, and marketing materials, and further other goods/services provided by Company, without compensation to the Client. Client shall have the right to have his or her image or conversations not released.
10. TERMINATION. In the event that Client is in arrears of payment or otherwise in default of this Agreement, all payments due thereafter shall be immediately due and payable. Company shall have the right to collect all sums from Client and terminate further services to Client.
11. CONTROLLING AGREEMENT. In the event of any conflict between the provisions contained in this Contract and any marketing materials used by Company, Company’s representatives, or employees, the provisions in this Agreement shall be controlling.
13. CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. The parties hereto agree to submit any dispute or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement to arbitration in the state of New York pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association, which arbitration shall be binding upon the parties and their successors in interest. The prevailing party is entitled to be reimbursed for all reasonable legal fees from the non-prevailing party in order to enforce the provisions of this Agreement.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, negotiations and understandings, oral or written. This Agreement may be modified only by an instrument in writing duly executed by both parties.
15. SURVIVABILITY. Any provisions relating to payment of sums owed set forth in this Agreement, and any other provisions that by their sense and context the parties intend to have survive, shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.
16. SEVERABILITY. If any of the provisions contained in this Agreement, or any part of them, is hereafter construed to be invalid or unenforceable, the same shall not affect the remainder of such provision or any other provision contained herein, which shall be given full effect regardless of the invalid provision or part thereof.
17. OTHER TERMS. Upon execution by clicking “I agree,” the Parties agree that any individual, associate, and/or assign shall be bound by the terms of THIS AGREEMENT. A facsimile, electronic, or e-mailed executed copy of this Agreement, with a written or electronic signature, shall constitute a legal and binding instrument with the same effect as an originally signed copy.